Saturday, May 3, 2008

May Challenge Week 1 Day 1

The May 2008 Challenge is to photograph a single object each day for a week. Each week has a different object theme. The week 1 theme is "beverage." I chose seltzer (sparkling water).
Sparkling water - May 08 challenge week 1 day 1

I placed the flash behind and to the left of the glass, opened up the aperture to limit the depth of field, and set the shutter speed to the minimum to eliminate the background. I probably should have mounted the camera on a tripod to "lock in" the focus, and a little more depth of field would have been good. I pumped up the contrast and "clarity" somewhat in Lightroom. I wish I could have kept the glass from fogging up, but I'm reasonably happy with the result. It is the best of about 20 exposures.

No comments: