Friday, November 2, 2007

There are good people in this world

Yesterday, I accidentally left my ATM/debit card in the machine. I discovered it later in the evening, when I wanted to use it to buy ingredients for dinner. At first, I thought about the hassle of getting a new one, waiting a week or two for it to come, etc. Then I started worrying that someone had found it, sticking out of the beeping machine, and was even at that moment using it to buy hundreds or thousands of dollars of stuff on the internet.

When I got home, the message light on my phone was blinking. It was from the bank. Someone had found my card and brought it into the bank. I could come down and pick it up. I was at the bank when it opened this morning, and retrieved my card.

Thank you, whoever you are.

No comments: